Our Patient’s Privacy

The privacy of our patients is important to us. We recognize that Bangs and its employees are in possession of and have access to a broad variety of confidential sensitive information, the inappropriate use or disclosure of which could be injurious to individuals. We recognize our legal and moral obligation to protect and safeguard the information we both gather and create.

Questions & Answers

1. What is HIPAA and why do I have to sign for receipt of your Privacy Notice?
HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. HIPAA requires that we provide you with our Privacy Notice explaining our privacy policies, that is, what we do with your private healthcare information, and that you acknowledge with your signature.
2. How do I get a copy of my Patient Care Report?
You can obtain a copy of your Patient Care Report (PCR) by completing a Records Access Form. You will need a copy of your Driver’s License or other photo ID.
3. How do I get a copy of a family member’s Patient Care Report?
In order to obtain another person’s PCR you must have legal authority (such as a POA) or have the patient’s permission. The patient can complete an Authorization to Release Form. In most cases, parents may obtain a copy of a child’s PCR without permission if the child is less than 18 years old. If the person is deceased you must provide legal authority such as an Estate Executor or Administrator.
4. I am a college student, and I do not want my bill to be sent to my parents, what should I do?
Usually bills are sent directly to a parent or guardian. If you would like the bill to come directly to you, you must contact the business office the next business day or as soon as you are able.